Friday, March 3, 2017

Apocalypse class Leviathan part 3

This is the finished Apocalypse class Leviathan, i have to say i am very happy with how it turned out. I have said before this project was a long time coming and having it done is both good and bad. Good that it is painted and finished but bad because now i need a new Tactical command paint project.

so how did i paint it? the missiles and radar body where done in chaos black with codex grey as the first stage hi light with skull white as the final hi light. All the metallic areas where done with chain mail then washed with blue and brown ink. them i lightly drybrushed  them with boltgun metal.

The Doomsday barrel and turrets were done in blood gore then highlighted  with blood angle orange.
The final highlight was skull white with a bit of blood angle orange. The main body was base coated in a mix of codex grey and chaos black. then the raised areas painted in standard codex grey. The final highlight of the main body was skull white.

The Final touch was to add the decals which are from the 40k Imperial guard set, i wanted to put the imperial eagle on, but i couldn't find ones small enough. So i went with the ones i put on.

No comments:

Post a Comment