Saturday, May 20, 2017

My hobby area part 2

I have finally finished my new hobby area upgrade and I have to say I am very happy with it. I now have more light and all my paints are out so i can see then as well as my tools on an old ikea magnetic kitchen strip. I feel really good about this space and the future projects that will come from it.

The original plan was to bolt two pieces of 2/4 to the cement floor then build the stud frame up from there. Well that did not quite go according to plan. So the back story to this was i "borrowed" some cement bolts from my old work. with the intention of fixing my garage up (another project on hold) but i thought i could use them on the hobby area. After buying a new hammer drill, drill bit and drilling into the floor. I just couldn't line the bolts and the holes up. So i said Sod this and got heavy duty construction cement and glued the wood down. I then nailed the top pieces to the floor boards then I cut all the in between bits and nailed it all together.


I also bought an ottolite  i think it will be a big help with my normal painting and with my photography. A family friend is moving house, so she gave me a very nice new desk and side unit that she did not want. Thank you very much.

The only thing I still want to do is maybe put up some shelves so I can display all the books I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment